Friday, April 10, 2009

*facebooking*

So recently I've become a little addicted to facebook.. Who knew!! I found alot of old friends from high school and beyond! It's great to reconnect with old friends, and of course, alot of my new friends too ;)

So question. Hubs and I went to high school together. While in high school, there was ALOT of drama. ALOT! I was not a popular girl, per se, but knew alot of people. And for some reason or another, lots of people liked to make up rumors about me.. Hubs was extremely jealous and well, it wasn't really fun. Almost 20 years later, we are in a very good place right now. Have been for a long time.

So as I start searching out people on facebook, he tells me it starts bringing up all these things, he thought were buried. WTH? Seriously, this pisses me off to no end, cause I thought it was done and over it. I had people request me as a friend, some I didn't remember, but when he saw them, he proceeded to tell me that these were people he absolutely hated in HS, and was quite shocked and angry that I would be searching them out. I didn't do it on purpose, and I certainly didn't mean to hurt him. I guess alot of stuff went down with these people, that I didn't even realize.

So what do I do? Do I delete them? to appease my husband (I mean he was seriously hurt and pretty angry) Do I say fuck it, get over (which is what I feel like doing). I am not out to rekindle any sort of romantic relationships I had with any of these people. Mostly, I wanted to reconnect with old friends. High school, and even middle school, before I met him, where very fun times in life. Some of my most memorable times before baby. Of course, after having Vic at 15, my life turned completely upside down. I put on my big panties, and did what I was supposed to. Graduated a year early from high school, went to college, got a job, etc. I lost touch with alot of people.

I did blame some of it on hubs. Telling him, it was his insecurities that were making him feel that way and he needed to deal with it. This is what it is, and what it's not.

Sorry, for the huge vent! kisses!

No comments: